The Qualicum Beach Chamber of Commerce loves a challenge! In these uncertain times, we had to reconsider how we do business and modify our practices to manage and execute our responsibilities as a not-for-profit organization. While some of our operations must be put on hold for the time being, we have had to rely on technology to adjust and to carry on, business as usual. We set up the AGM with Zoom, a cloud-based video conferencing service and Chamber members were invited to attend the virtual annual general meeting, likely the first in our history.
Sarah Duncan, Board Chair of the Qualicum Beach Chamber of Commerce chaired the AGM and she summarized the process this way: the recommended amendments to bylaws were accepted and will be passed on to Industry Canada for approval. The year-end financial statements were reviewed and passed by membership and the annual report, highlighting Chamber activities over the year was presented. The vote for board of directors was held March 12 and we are pleased to announce the new Board of Directors for 2020/2021.
- Matt Breedlove – Royal LePage Parksville-Qualicum Beach Realty
- Sarah Duncan – Coastal Community Credit Union
- Andy Lee – Ocean Crest Motel
- Tara Macart – Opti-Balance Naturopathic Medicine
- David Nellist – Raymond James
- Jay Norton – Jay Norton Inc
- Jillian Porter – Carmana Home Improvement
- Carol Riera – Re/Max Anchor Realty
- Paul Trudeau – Qualicum Beach Inn
- Katherine Wilk – Royal LePage Parksville-Qualicum Beach Realty
- Jean Young – Arbutus Lifestyle & Fashion
- William Zhai – Casa Grande Inn
The executive of the board will be determined April 9, 2020 at a board meeting and will be announced to membership at that time.
Thank you to those who attended the virtual AGM and please join me in welcoming the new 2020/2021 board of directors.
Additional information about the AGM can be found on our website: www.qualicum.bc.ca
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/